Integrated Risk Solutions & Kriete Group Host Safety & Innovation Conference
Over 100 attendees gathered into the arena at the Waukesha County Expo Center on Tuesday June 12 to gain education on the ELD Mandate for over the road trucking that will take effect on December 18th, 2017. Keynote speakers included Mark Oesterle, head of the FMCSA in Wisconsin, as well as John Seidl, DOT Consultant, Trucking Risk Management Expert and member of the Integrated Risk Solutions team. Additional speakers included representatives from Volvo, Bendix, Telogis, as well as The Kriete Group.
As with any change in regulation that is imposed on an industry, business owners benefit from knowing the nuances related to compliance to avoid violations and fines. Topics presented include the following:
- Overview of the FMCSA – The regulatory body that will implement and enforce the law
- The ELD Mandate itself – how to comply, and common pitfalls owners need to avoid
- Equipment offerings, functionality, and installation best practices
- Self-driving/Driver Assist Technologies including an on-site demonstration
- How the ELD Mandate applies to leased vehicles – both short and long term
Attendees walked away with a full understanding of the ELD Mandate and what to do to effectively comply through process and equipment options, to ensure their fleets are in compliance with the laws. In addition, they gained firsthand knowledge of cutting edge technology that will keep their drivers safe.
A great conference all around! Make sure you join us for the next one!